Old 21-09-2007, 05:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Fertilizer storage and longevity

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, am have searched a for information on what occurs chemically to
NPK fertilizer over time. If I buy 3-4 50# bags of fertilizer and use
one bag a year, will the critical chemical compounds degrade, outgas,
or change? Thanks in advance,

Provided they are kept quite dry I wouldn't expect there to be any change at
all. If wetted all manner of things could happen.

David