Old 21-09-2007, 05:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default Fertilizer storage and longevity

In article
.com,
says...
Hi, am have searched a for information on what occurs chemically to
NPK fertilizer over time. If I buy 3-4 50# bags of fertilizer and use
one bag a year, will the critical chemical compounds degrade, outgas,
or change? Thanks in advance,

Why are you buying three or four years' worth of fertiliser all
at once?

If I were worried about needing a supply that far into the
future, then I would be inclined to start doing "humanure"
composting immediately. Although my main disincentive at the
moment is just space and privacy issues.

--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net