Old 21-09-2007, 06:41 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default big old bottlebrushes

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i think i need to get them more tree-shaped underneath, & then go carefully
round the bushy parts - would appreciate any tips on this, & any experiences
anyone has with bottlebrushes after pruning. i pruned a little one at our
last house & indeed, nothing seemed to grow back afterwards but i don't
think that particular one was very happy anyway. my big two i have here are
very happy indeed, but just totally ugly :-)
thanks for any tips!!

I believe the usual way to prune them is to chop them off behind the flowers,
once they fade. They aren't supposed to mind pruning at all, and there are
some nicely-shaped ones around this area. I think you are probably right to
prune the lower sections to a tree-shape.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue