Old 21-09-2007, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Planting density - new herbaceous border

"Trevor" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone point me in the direction of information on planting up an
herbaceous border? a.g. No plants per square metre? Its 20m x 1m approx.
Also any good websites on Herbaceous Border design??

I think you can look at the size the plant is expected to grow to and work
it out from there.....
OR plant closer and divide later as they form bigger clumps :~)

Spacing etc : http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1236.html

General info + photo's etc :
http://www.perennialresource.com/ind...on=home.corner
General (nice pictures!) :
http://www.louisianagardener.com/ima...urestories.pdf

Crocus has some good ideas and you can search the site :
http://www.crocus.co.uk/plantingideas/

HTH Jenny