Old 22-09-2007, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Charles Quinn Charles Quinn is offline

Default Absolute Beginner: Growing Own veg

DarrenH wrote in
news

Hello all

Moved into a new house with a good garden and a dream of growing my own
veg. I'm starting small and working up!

I have dug out a small plot and given it a generous covering of
compost.

Then i went off down to the garden centre to get my seeds and found
that this is the worst time of year to plant anything!

Can any one help me - what can i plant now from seed? or can i buy
sowed seeds from somewhere?

Just where are you, the recommendation for Portland, ME may be different
than that Yuma, Az.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved