Old 22-09-2007, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David W.E. Roberts David W.E. Roberts is offline

Default [OT] Return after a while to find chaos! On topic - frosts and tomatoes.

Hi,

returning to the group I find that it is buried in obscenity and cross
posts.

Using OE (on this PC) I have gone through the last week or so and blocked
all senders who cross post (and removed all their posts) and the few sad
lonely bunnies who think it is clever to post rude words.

OE isn't particularly flexible, so anyone who was drawn in to responding to
cross posts with cross posts has also gone.

The remaining posts look a lot neater, but what a waste of time!

To get back on topic, when do we expect the first frosts in the South?

I have some very late tomatoes outside and I would like at least one truss
to ripen before they are all wiped out.

In Suffolk by the sea tomatoes would often crop into November, but frosts
are earlier inland.

Cheers

Dave R