Old 22-09-2007, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default [OT] Return after a while to find chaos! On topic - frosts and tomatoes.

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote (snip)
To get back on topic, when do we expect the first frosts in the South?

I have some very late tomatoes outside and I would like at least one truss
to ripen before they are all wiped out.

In Suffolk by the sea tomatoes would often crop into November, but frosts
are earlier inland.

Well we have had our citrus out 'till the end of November and other years in
by the end of September. Depends. Keep a look at the forecasts and don't
rely on just one.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden