Old 25-09-2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default cereal rye for winter cover crop?

William Wagner expounded:

We used to call it winter Rye and local farm supply had it. They are
mostly gone now here. Johnny's is excellent a guy that loves garden
work. Hear he either turned the venture over to his employees or is
working on it.
Wish Walnut Acres was still about!

From the September Johnny's Update:

"Progress report

-- Employee ownership. October will mark our first anniversary
of employee ownership at Johnny's. October 2006 is when J's employees
bought 30.4% of J's stock from Janika and me, the "selling owners." A
chunk of that money was borrowed, and when that's paid back in the
summer of 2009, then employees will buy more. "
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts