Old 25-09-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default What is this problem?

So what in Comet is toxic or a carcinogen?

There are very strict regulations on how chemicals are described on labels
and MSDS's, with various keywords and alerts, and the active ingredient is
listed as an "eye irritant".

My "indoor blooming plant display area" is the kitchen counter surrounding
the sink. We use Comet, and I have never seen any issues with any of the
plants.

"BruceM" wrote in message
Guess what my wife bought this week?

Being the guy I just automatically reached for the powder though, until I
saw the dust drifting up to my orchids... Then I threw it away, only to
watch more dust drift up out of the trash can :=()

"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"BruceM" wrote in message
Now that I am thinking about it, I see several ways I could have gotten
chemicals on it. Just sprinkling Comet in the sink sends a fine cloud
of chemical dust in the air.

Use the liquid sink cleaners. The dust from some cleaners is TOXIC and
contains carcinogens. I no longer use comet in my sinks. I use liquid
"Soft Scrub" gel.