Old 25-09-2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default What is this problem?

"Ray B" wrote in message
So what in Comet is toxic or a carcinogen?

There are very strict regulations on how chemicals are described on labels
and MSDS's, with various keywords and alerts, and the active ingredient is
listed as an "eye irritant".

If it irritates the eyes try and imagine what it does to the lungs when you
breath it in. Chlorine, which I believe it still contains, is toxic.
Anthing that irritates the lungs is dangerous.

My "indoor blooming plant display area" is the kitchen counter surrounding
the sink. We use Comet, and I have never seen any issues with any of the
plants.

Plants aside, I don't want to breathe the dust from Comet or any other
chemicals if I can help it. Isn't there enough pollution and lung cancer
out there? I don't want to breathe more of it when gels and liquids are
available.