Old 26-09-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default flowers in May

In article ,
says...
May have to do a reception for son and new wife after they come back to
UK at end of April beginning of May.

If it's in the afternoon, the guests will see the garden though if it's
too cold they won't all go out to see it close up hopefully!

What can I fill gaps with that will be in flower in the garden at that
time do you think? Not keen on orange or gold/yellow, but can put some
shrubs, perennials in if they would be in flower.

In Bucks, not high up but not very sheltered garden.

Might be too early for a rose in a container on the patio do you think?
Which tulips might be in bloom then?

Janet

Jan Rues for the tulip, most of the climbers we do for that time of year
would not have been able to grow enough to give a good account of
themselves, traditionally you are in Wallflower/Sweet William territory
so doing a bit of bedding out now might work
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk