Old 28-09-2007, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default Roasted broccoli

Gill Matthews wrote:
In article , says...
If you have not tried it before I can recommend giving it a go. Its
a good alternative to boiling, steaming or stir frying. Tonight I
roasted my first batch along with some chicken. The florets were
only small as the plants are near the end of their days. About 12
minutes and they came out crisp and caramelised. Well worth a try. I
have not been a big fan of broccoli in the past but find roasting it
quite acceptable.

rob

Its astonishing ( and somewhat depressing ) how making food more
fattening an bad for you improves the flavour :-( I agree that roast
broccoli is nice. I wish I preferred it steamed

Why is it more fattening?