Old 29-09-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default preserving (canning) fruit and veg

"graham" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Oh, what a waste of pike!

We had a pike angler friend who gave us most of his catches.

He went to the great river in the sky and we haven't had it since - I'd
pay a lot for pike!

When son #1 was about 8, I was teaching him how to fish in the local
reservoir when he caught a 2 pounder. Wife and I cooked it for dinner but
both sons refused it. It was a delicious, delicately flavoured treat.
Canadian chefs often prepare quenelles of pike when taking part in those
international cooking competitions.
Graham

I'm glad we agree on something :-)

Mary