Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Fern Skeleton 2/2

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
Marutchi wrote:
Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme] wrote:
I'd like to see the original. Alot of PS work from the looks of it.
Problem with over doing the PS work on something like this is you can
never match the background within the subject, being so lacy and all.

Shot #1 seems alot better however there are still areas that stand out
and do not have any continuity.
Actually there was very little PS. Apart from a little bit of lightening,
a touch of desaturation, resize and a touch of USM, they're as taken.

2 different fronds at different angles, Tamron 90mm lens. No. 1 was f2.8
@ 1/100 and no. 2 was f4.5 @ 1/50.

Just friendly critique. Nice shot none the less.
Thanks, I appreciate critiques, it's the only way to learn.

You didn't use any blur at all around the edges for the background?
Really?

Wouldn't surprise me at big apertures.

Mary

Yes, but if you look inside the lace area the background is much much
clearer.