Old 30-09-2007, 01:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Fern Skeleton 2/2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg b-0047-fernskel-30-09-07-20-90.jpg (117.7 KB, 95 views)
Old 30-09-2007, 04:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote:

begin 666 b-0047-fernskel-30-09-07-20-90.jpg

Neat stuff. :-)

I've seen leaf skeletons like that.
They will sometimes do that if left in a water bucket for just the right
amount of time.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 30-09-2007, 11:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

I've seen leaf skeletons like that.
They will sometimes do that if left in a water bucket for just the
right amount of time.

I didn't know that. :-)

Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Omelet wrote:

I've seen leaf skeletons like that.
They will sometimes do that if left in a water bucket for just the
right amount of time.

I didn't know that. :-)

I forgot to say too, that was a very nice capture! :-)
I like the way you went to grayscale.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I'd like to see the original. Alot of PS work from the looks of it.
Problem with over doing the PS work on something like this is you can
never match the background within the subject, being so lacy and all.

Shot #1 seems alot better however there are still areas that stand out
and do not have any continuity.

Just friendly critique. Nice shot none the less.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme] wrote:
I'd like to see the original. Alot of PS work from the looks of it.
Problem with over doing the PS work on something like this is you can
never match the background within the subject, being so lacy and all.

Shot #1 seems alot better however there are still areas that stand out
and do not have any continuity.

Actually there was very little PS. Apart from a little bit of lightening, a
touch of desaturation, resize and a touch of USM, they're as taken.

2 different fronds at different angles, Tamron 90mm lens. No. 1 was f2.8 @
1/100 and no. 2 was f4.5 @ 1/50.

Just friendly critique. Nice shot none the less.

Thanks, I appreciate critiques, it's the only way to learn.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

I like the way you went to grayscale.

? Neither look like greyscale to me, there are touches of yellow/green.

Mary

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Marutchi wrote:
Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme] wrote:
I'd like to see the original. Alot of PS work from the looks of it.
Problem with over doing the PS work on something like this is you can
never match the background within the subject, being so lacy and all.

Shot #1 seems alot better however there are still areas that stand out
and do not have any continuity.

Actually there was very little PS. Apart from a little bit of lightening, a
touch of desaturation, resize and a touch of USM, they're as taken.

2 different fronds at different angles, Tamron 90mm lens. No. 1 was f2.8 @
1/100 and no. 2 was f4.5 @ 1/50.

Just friendly critique. Nice shot none the less.

Thanks, I appreciate critiques, it's the only way to learn.

You didn't use any blur at all around the edges for the background? Really?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote in message
Marutchi wrote:
Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme] wrote:
I'd like to see the original. Alot of PS work from the looks of it.
Problem with over doing the PS work on something like this is you can
never match the background within the subject, being so lacy and all.

Shot #1 seems alot better however there are still areas that stand out
and do not have any continuity.

Actually there was very little PS. Apart from a little bit of lightening,
a touch of desaturation, resize and a touch of USM, they're as taken.

2 different fronds at different angles, Tamron 90mm lens. No. 1 was f2.8
@ 1/100 and no. 2 was f4.5 @ 1/50.

Just friendly critique. Nice shot none the less.

Thanks, I appreciate critiques, it's the only way to learn.

You didn't use any blur at all around the edges for the background?
Really?

Wouldn't surprise me at big apertures.

Mary

Old 01-10-2007, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Marutchi wrote:
[...]

Yes, but if you look inside the lace area the background is much much
clearer.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Scott Hildenbrand" "scott[dunspamme] wrote:

You didn't use any blur at all around the edges for the background?
Really?

No.