Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race Malcolm Race is offline

Default Windy situation - evergreens

Sacha wrote:
On 1/10/07 17:34, in article , "Another
Dave" wrote:

Uncle Marvo wrote:

I have no experience of Photinia, unless it goes by another name I don't
know of :-)

I understand it's also called "Red Robin". The variety I've got is
"Fraserii".

Another Dave

Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin' is a variety of Photinia. It looks wonderful
in spring when the brightly coloured shoots are coming through.

The downside is that it is vigiorous. My 7 year old has to lopped
almost annually to keep it under 7 feet - but this does produce the best
display of new red leaved shoots!

Malcolm (a long time lurker)