Old 02-10-2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Scarecrow sprinkler, feed from Pond?

"phillerup" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Id love to setup a scarecrow sprinkler to keep Herons, cats and my dog
away from my pond. I dont want to have garden hose running acrosss
the yard, the pond is quite a ways away. Any easy way to use my
exisitng pump, that is feeding my waterfall, to push water to the
scarecrow? Any thoughts?

I've never found the Scarecrows very reliable and I doubt you'd get enough
pressure from your pump.

I did buy some water solenoid valves on eBay ($10) that I planned to hook up
to the garden hose and Pond motion sensor. But it's still on the todo list,
as the Heron never came back.