Old 03-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Raffia Or Substitute

Randy Brooks wrote:

Tree bandage (usually available in Home Depot) works really well. Cut off a
lenght that you think you'll need, double it over onto itself, and wrap away
stretching it for snugness. It breathes, doesn't harm the tree in any way
(like the bark), and provides better protection that raffia against
agressive bends. Plus, you don't have to wet it down to use it.

Randy Brooks
---

I haven't used this for bending branches, but I have used something similar for
wrapping a broken branch. It works pretty well.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++