Old 03-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Kay Easton

Default questions on garlic

In article , Therefore
writes
Hi Kay thanks for the feedback. The plant it self grows to about 3 feet in
height and has a flowering head but no flowers just minature cloves The
leaves are definately onion like but rather corse and the stem is somewhat
like an onion gone to seed . I am again assured it is called Jack by the
hedge.

In that case, it sounds like tree onions. It's a cultivated plant not a
native to the UK, though it grows well here.

Again, I've never heard it called jack by the hedge, which just goes to
show the problems of using common names rather than the latin ones!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: