Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Bartering with our plants

You folks ever offer some plants for services or materials? I got a
guy coming over to work on my damaged soffit in exchange for some
Japanese Maples. I have a plumber who works on my failing plumbing that
I gave a black bamboo too. We talk about it when he is here.

Sort of reminds me of the real estate agent that is driving about with a
potential sale. He asks if the client would like a coke and maybe a
burger. The client accepts and is treated to a $3.00 dollar treat.
BUT the exchange is now set up for the agent to suggest a few thousand
dollars more and since us humans repay dept's the agent collects much
more commission.

Trading plants is of course not that dark and contrived and I do want
our plants to live on. My clients are Very Very happy and beside we
got to get rid of these guys. (Space)

Bill

P.S. Need any Hosta? )

--