Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bartering with our plants

You folks ever offer some plants for services or materials? I got a
guy coming over to work on my damaged soffit in exchange for some
Japanese Maples. I have a plumber who works on my failing plumbing that
I gave a black bamboo too. We talk about it when he is here.

Sort of reminds me of the real estate agent that is driving about with a
potential sale. He asks if the client would like a coke and maybe a
burger. The client accepts and is treated to a $3.00 dollar treat.
BUT the exchange is now set up for the agent to suggest a few thousand
dollars more and since us humans repay dept's the agent collects much
more commission.

Trading plants is of course not that dark and contrived and I do want
our plants to live on. My clients are Very Very happy and beside we
got to get rid of these guys. (Space)

Bill

P.S. Need any Hosta? )

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

P.S. Need any Hosta? )

Sure - always. Want some daylilies

Got any high tag ones that need split?

We've almost finished moving the ones from our old home to the new one
and getting them out of WalMart bags and into the ground. Was part of
the contract that we kept our day lilies..

Got, oh, 35 to 40 different kinds? Only problem is we lost track of
which were which so this next season we're going to have to ID, map and
retag what we have.

http://www.bluegrassgardens.net/images/Spider%20Man.JPG

One of the faves we have. Large flower on a tall scape, looks wonderful
in a group.. Now if I can remember where I put it.. :')
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I traded daylilies for weeding.

What have you traded for weed?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

"William Wagner" wrote in message

You folks ever offer some plants for services or materials?

Yep. I swap veges for eggs all the time. If I have a surplus I give it
away. It may come back.

David

Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/4/07 9:53 PM, in article
, "Sheldon"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I traded daylilies for weeding.

What have you traded for weed?

A trip to the ER - I'm very allergic to hemp and it's cousins.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/4/07 8:13 PM, in article ,
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote:

P.S. Need any Hosta? )

Sure - always. Want some daylilies

Got any high tag ones that need split?

I have some unusual ones. I think Mildred Seaver is still a relatively
expensive one. But lately, all hosta, even the old standby's from the 50's,
are expensive in my book. $20 for 2-3 divisions in a gallon pot to start?

We've almost finished moving the ones from our old home to the new one
and getting them out of WalMart bags and into the ground. Was part of
the contract that we kept our day lilies..

Got, oh, 35 to 40 different kinds? Only problem is we lost track of
which were which so this next season we're going to have to ID, map and
retag what we have.

I feel your pain. Lost a bunch of tags to a car getting stuck off the
driveway and into the long bed.

http://www.bluegrassgardens.net/images/Spider%20Man.JPG

I keep meaning to add that to my collection - I have about 400 registered
cultivars.

One of the faves we have. Large flower on a tall scape, looks wonderful
in a group.. Now if I can remember where I put it.. :')

Color?

If you check out
http://www.daylilydatabase.org/index.asp
There is a "searches option" that will let you search by description.

Cheryl

Old 05-10-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

I keep meaning to add that to my collection - I have about 400 registered
cultivars.

_
o.O
^

Wow.. And I thought we had alot.. Oh well, now that we have more land we
can get more!

Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/5/07 9:56 AM, in article ,
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote:

I keep meaning to add that to my collection - I have about 400 registered
cultivars.

_
o.O
^

Wow.. And I thought we had alot.. Oh well, now that we have more land we
can get more!

Talk to me in the spring!