Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Home remedy Q from FirstRays.

Yes - if the fungicidal action is what you're after. The cinnamaldehyde
extracted from the powder is a better fungicide than the alcohol, but THAT'S
a better insecticide.

"keith kent" wrote in message
Bag the alcohol?
keith

"Ray B" wrote in message
If mildew is your concern, bag the alcohol and just make up more of the
cinnamon infusion in water.

(I always use isopropyl alcohol, to answer that question.)

"keith kent" wrote in message
Hi Ray, Now Autumn/winter is upon us i want to spray everything to help
prevent mildew etc.I need about a 5 litre mix to cover my collection of
plants.Alcohol? in what form is best~?
Thanks Keith
"Ray B" wrote in message
I buy more alcohol.

Adding the infusion to the water dilutes both the alcohol and the
cinnamon too much to be really effective.

If your primary goal is a fungicide, boil a lot more cinnamon in water,
then dilute that.

"keith kent" wrote in message
Most of the remedies are made with small quantities,ie 500ml alcohol
+1 tablespoon of cinnimon.This isnt enough to treat alot of plants.I
did the above then mixed it with 5 litres of water to spray all my
plants.Less effective?
Alot of alcohol in needed for larger treatments,so what do you do?
Thanks Keith