Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
cp cp is offline

Default Gardens vs dogs

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:40:24 +1000, "Staycalm"
wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
I have a lovely established veggie garden in the back yard. I am planning

get a puppy or young dog (small breed) in the next 4 months or so.
Should I plan to fence off the veggie garden in some way?
What can I use that's not too costly but will protect the patch?
Liz

Yes..Star pickets and dog wire.

David

If I only have a little dog (not a high jumping type of dog), how high
should I make it? Can I make it low enough to step over or should I just
incorporate some sort of gate?

I've found water bottles do the trick. If you are going to build a
fence make sure it goes down at least 2 feet as dogs do like to dig to
get under things.