Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default rookie oncidium question

Oncidiums have this "climbing" growth habit. It's almost like a staircase,
and it makes them tricky to repot sometimes. When I repot one of those, it
will often look a little crooked for a few weeks, because I forced it into
the pot. I'd take your plant out and pot again, this time taking care to get
the new roots into the medium.

That said, I have mounted Oncidiums. It's just easier.

Diana

"eeyore" wrote in message
I've got a oncidium with plenty of air roots, but little underground
roots. The two look different. What I'm wondering is that as it is now
the plant is kind of rocky. Can I push the air roots underground to
provide support? I've also repotted in the hope that new potting medium
will provide additional root growth. Thanks much.