Old 06-10-2007, 04:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Red wasp

"Wooly" nobody@nunya wrote in message
Omelet wrote:

As much as I dislike killing wasps, I do those.
They are just too aggressive.

I'm very much a "live and let live" sort of person. I make an exception
for most bugs that come into the house. I send my husband to do battle
with the red buggers when they try to set up housekeeping in my eaves or
the shed.

As noted in my "Ouch" post, I found some in the wellhouse. The nest was on
inside of the door. One came out immediately and stung my right upper ear.
I did swatting battle with 2 of them for a bit. Managed to swat one to the
ground and stomp on it. The other fleed elsewhere. I removed the nest.
Dave