Old 07-10-2007, 04:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Is it a good time to plant spring bulbs in New jersey

"wowfed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello people,
I have bought several spring blooming bulbs.( Hyacinths, Iris,
Aliums.. ). I want to know if I can go ahead and plant them now or
should I wait for few more weeks. I live in New jersey and
temparatures here are still in the 80s. Thanks.

I'm in Rochester, which is just slightly cooler than your climate. I've
planted as late as mid-November. You could plant now, based on the theory
that it could turn colder in a week, or not. The weather shmexperts aren't
offering much guidance, as you've probably noticed. Or, you would wait as
much as another month. It won't make much difference.