Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Congratulations to Al

Hip, hip, hooray for Al and his team of wenches!! Any pictures, Gene?

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Congratulations Al! One of my dreams is to get a CCM on one of my plants.
How fun!

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
All the RGO readers,

Al would be too modest even to mention this to you but he did good at the
NCOS show this weekend. Among the AOS awards he received for his really
great looking plants, his Renanthera was the best in show. It glows in
the dark when we turn off the lights! It was so huge I really felt sorry
for the judges who had to count the flowers for the cultural award he
received. I believe he got at least one other AOS award.

To top it off the large display that Al spent Friday working to build
with his team was also best in show.

All the hardware and the ribbons are really distracting.

If you're in the DC area you should come by tomorrow or Monday and see
his work.

Good Growing,
Gene