Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Chil(l)i con whiteflies

On 7/10/07 10:52, in article , "Marco
Schwarz" wrote:

Hi..

Well the plan is to overwinter some potted C. frutescens in a conservatory
in northern direction but at the moment an increasing glasshouse whitefly
problem makes me worry about their near future..

On the one hand I'd like to get rid of them as soon as possible but on the
other hand there are some aquaria stocked with sensitive animals placed
close to the hot peppers. These aquaria also have submerged and emerged
(particularly blooming!) plant parts and I'm wondering if the emerged parts
might be a refuge for the whiteflies, too..

So how to treat the hot peppers cautiously without endangering those
aquarium animals..?

Any ideas, remarks and suggestions are welcome..

Thanks in advance..!

Biological control. Encarsia.
http://www.greengardener.co.uk/whitefly.htm

--