Old 07-10-2007, 03:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Is it a good time to plant spring bulbs in New jersey

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

I've never shopped for bulbs that late, but if I were going
to, this would be the place I'd try first. They always seem
to have bulbs for forcing, but this doesn't mean they'll
have a large selection of others at that time.
http://www.harrisgardens.com/

other than a 2005 veggie list, it looks good.

When other stores think the season's over for various
things, Harris will still have a supply of stuff to keep
gardeners sane through the winter. Give them a call. It's
barely out of your way though, and worth a visit just for
the planting accessories that other stores either don't
carry, or charge an arm and a leg for. Example: Heavy duty
plastic planting trays, 6-packs in sheets of six or eight,
etc. Those trays are the best thing since sliced pepperoni.

yup! if you can keep the kid from tripping over them they last
for several years.
do they also have the sheets of 4 packs? i'm guessing they do
if they have the 6 packs. i had been using peat pellets to
start my heirloom tomatoes, peppers & pumpkins, but was
finding they outgrow the pellets before the weather cooperates
for planting in the garden. i used 4 & 6 packs this year. what
a difference! stronger, healthier seedlings. i'm a convert!

If you zoom out this map, you'll see that Harris is about 8
minutes south of route 104 (the highway), which has an exit
for route 250 (Nine Mile Point Rd).

ok. i'm familiar with Nine Mile Point Rd. thanks!
lee