Old 08-10-2007, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Is it a good time to plant spring bulbs in New jersey

On Oct 7, 12:01?pm, Derryl Killan wrote:
wowfed wrote:
Hello people,
I have bought several spring blooming bulbs.( Hyacinths, Iris,
Aliums.. ). I want to know if I can go ahead and plant them now or
should I wait for few more weeks. I live in New jersey and
temparatures here are still in the 80s. Thanks.

Wait til it cools down to 45 F.

It's probably already 45F at night... the 80F warm spell is very
temporary. By the time it's 45F during the day the ground will begin
to freeze at night. If the local nursery centers are selling bulbs
now then now is the time to plant. Btw, iris doesn't grow from bulbs,
they grow from corms.... get iris in right away.