Old 20-02-2003, 09:27 PM
animaux

Default I am SOOOO ready for SPRING!/Long

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:38:45 GMT, Pam wrote:

So when are ya coming? We are having a pretty great early spring right now - things
are popping out all over the place. My flowering currant is blooming, all the
hellebores are in full and amazing bloom along with the early bulbs like snowdrops,
fritillaries, crocus and iris reticulata. My 'Apple Blossom' clematis is just about
ready to unfurl its sweetly scented flowers and the camellias are just starting to
open. The nurseries are filling up fast with all the new stuff and of course I am
dragging plants home as fast as they appear on the tables :-)) It's a terrible
affliction! I'm off to the Northwest Flower and Garden show today for my annual
fix. Always a lot of great specialty vendors offering the newest and most exotic
stuff - I'll let you know what new treasures I find.

pam - gardengal

Well, it will not be for some years! We kinda love it here for now. IF we
leave, it will be PNW, fur sure.

Right now in our gardens the loropetalum (always spell it wrong), scabiosa,
redbuds, iris, all the perennial spring flowering bulbs, and tons and tons of
bluebonnets are up, along with poppies native and exotic.

There is one seed I cannot find in the GCenters. That's Mina lobata. I
actually want the yellow and white flowered M.lobata, but would take any at this
point. I hate to send away for ONE seed packet. So, if you happen to carry
either of these seeds, let me know.

I thought they'd have re-seeded last spring from the year before, but they
didn't. We did have a late frost in April. Just long enough to harm certain of
the more tender seedlings.

I'm really looking forward to this spring when I can really garden again. Being
cured of a disease will do that!

V-have a well deserved great time at the show. Our shows here are what I call
"The Hot Tub and Window Show." If you get my drift!