Old 08-10-2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
alpickrel alpickrel is offline

Default Congratulations to Al

I have not been there since Thursday when we put in the display and
the first I heard about this was from Susan this morning, (who was in
charge of the display design and gets to take home the glass for Best
Display.) She sent me some pictures of the awards and award
description certificates, so I know the Ren Fire Coral got a CCE (91
points), yes, that's an "E" not an "M"...and the Phal appendiculata
got an HCC.

I thought that was kind of cute, she did not take pictures of the
plants, she took pictures of the ribbons and bows instead.... but
it was her first show in charge of the display.... Anyway, I will
try to get some pictures of the _flowers and display_ when I go back
down there tomorrow afternoon to take it all apart and bring it home
but I make no promises.

I would not have heard about it at all until tomorrow when I went down
there if it was up to Ken alone, because he likes to hide all that
stuff from me in the retuning boxes and let's me find it later in the
week as I unpack to put things away.

Al the modest.... (cough, cough)