Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Can bamboo be watered during frosts?

On Oct 5, 12:45 pm, Bamboozled
wrote:
Hello I'm new to this forum and would like some advice on how to care
for my bamboo throughout the winter period.

We bought three different types of bamboo this spring, they have
flourished and although two of the biggest will need re-potting next
spring, all is well with them.

As we have never cared for them over a winter before, we are a little
worried about watering them when there has been a frost.

Any advice on how to keep them alive a well will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bamboozled

--
Bamboozled

Dig hole, plunge pots to the rim, add several inches of mulch,
shredded fall leaves work nicely. Water as needed until the ground is
frozen.
Left above ground in pots will subject the roots and rhizomes to
temperatures far lower than if they were in the ground and may kill
them.