Old 09-10-2007, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Grave Yard Guy Grave Yard Guy is offline

Default Strawberry glut

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I have just picked about 2kg (6lb) of strawberrys and more will be ready
next week. Other than jam how can I preserve them or keep them in a
usable
form? Is there some sort of frozen dessert or sauce that uses up lots?

I am not sending them anywhere so don't bother asking.

David

They can be rinsed well and frozen in plastic bags or containers. My
grandmother used to can them in a sugar syrup. In both cases they lose their
consistency and in canning they lose their color. However, come winter, the
taste of strawberries is unbeatable.