Old 04-04-2003, 06:32 AM
ratSenoL

Default little green caterpillars? or are they leafrollers?

"Texensis" wrote in message ...
"ratSenoL" wrote in message
om...
| Thanks for all the responses! I =think= I have IDed them as some
kind
| of leafrollers. They're like little green caterpillars or inch
worms,
| a little longer than a grain of rice, and they roll themselves into
| the new leaves with some kind of silk/web.

[snip]

That's your i.d. They do behave like tiny inchworms, but they usually
do attract birds, which seem to regard them as a real treat.

Thanks for the confirmation ... now how do I train the birds to eat
the critters?! 8-) (Actually, hubby's diligent efforts at hand
picking and squishing the leaf rollers seem to be working to the point
that we've decided we probably don't need the BT.)