Old 04-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Harlan Davis

Default How to get it to cling to my brick wall?

I'd love to know the best way to get rid of it! I started pulling it out last
weekend, and its a real job. It was starting to get under the siding, crawling
up my hawthorn, and generally creeping into the lawn. I plan on pulling it all
out, but I suspect the roots will continue to send up new shoots. Help.

Harlan

Charlie wrote:

Cut it down while you have the chance! I've spent the last few weeks trying
to get Ivy off my Victorian house because it's pulling the mortar out!

Charlie.

"Heather" wrote in message
I have an Ivy that I planted last year that grew really well but did not
attach itself to the brick wall right beside it. How do I go about
'training' it to climb the wall this year? Do you have to 'tack' it in
place for a while until it get's used to being on the wall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather in Toronto, Canda