Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Silverbeet get brown stems (Brisbane)

Then it would be too much water.
Silverbeet will usually grow well with minimum attention in Melbourne.
Its the roots that are rotting.
Same effect as not enough water No nutrients getting to the plant.

Lionel van den Berg wrote:
FarmI wrote:
"Lionel van den Berg" wrote in message
My silverbeet has been getting brown stems and slowly dying.

I live in Brisbane. Does anyone know what this is?

What does the brown stem actually look like? Is it dry and hard or
mushy? How old are the plants?

The stems are quite thin (flat) which would suggest dry.

I double checked the soil and it is moist, so they are definitely
getting enough water.