Old 04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
JStubbs358

Default A garden watering question

WHile the theory sounds good in modern times many cities will fine you because
you are releasing untrated water into the water table and now (I've been
told)have all that soap and additives addedwithout tratment. not good for down
steram and SOMEONE is ALWAYS downstream.

What I want to do is recycle wash water right from the machine to the
garden as the machine is pumping the wash water out. I would try
pumping water from the wash if its set on warm/cold but not pumping
onto the garden a hot/cold wash setting.

I'm just wondering if even a warm/cold setting is too warm for roots
to take. Ever try such a thing ??? Advice welcomed. Thank you.

Depends on the plant -- some are more sensitive than others. I'd be more
concerned about what's in the water -- this is from your laundry machine,
correct? Soap detergents are not particularly friendly to most plants.

James