Old 15-10-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Shelly[_2_] Shelly[_2_] is offline

Default Watering Trees in AZ

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:39:04 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

I have Sissoo, Mesquite, Shoestrings, and a few more. They are over 2 years
old and 20 feet tall. So I was told to put 4 emitters of 2 gallons each 2
foot from the truck around the tree. This is 8 gallon per hour. So 6 months
when it's cold 2 hours every 21 days and 6 months when it's hot every week.
Does this sound right?

I lived south of Tucson for 8 years. Never watered a tree or cactus
after the first month. All lived and prospered.
Mesquite definetely needs nada.
hth