Old 14-10-2007, 08:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Watering Trees in AZ

I have Sissoo, Mesquite, Shoestrings, and a few more. They are over 2 years
old and 20 feet tall. So I was told to put 4 emitters of 2 gallons each 2
foot from the truck around the tree. This is 8 gallon per hour. So 6 months
when it's cold 2 hours every 21 days and 6 months when it's hot every week.
Does this sound right?

Old 15-10-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:39:04 -0700, "Richard"
wrote:

I have Sissoo, Mesquite, Shoestrings, and a few more. They are over 2 years
old and 20 feet tall. So I was told to put 4 emitters of 2 gallons each 2
foot from the truck around the tree. This is 8 gallon per hour. So 6 months
when it's cold 2 hours every 21 days and 6 months when it's hot every week.
Does this sound right?

I lived south of Tucson for 8 years. Never watered a tree or cactus
after the first month. All lived and prospered.
Mesquite definetely needs nada.
hth

Old 15-10-2007, 05:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Richard" wrote in message
I have Sissoo, Mesquite, Shoestrings, and a few more. They are over 2 years
old and 20 feet tall. So I was told to put 4 emitters of 2 gallons each 2
foot from the truck around the tree. This is 8 gallon per hour. So 6 months
when it's cold 2 hours every 21 days and 6 months when it's hot every week.
Does this sound right?

If you were weaning saplings meant for a zone with more rainfall, that
happened to be going through a drought period; a garden hose running one
drop of water every 2 seconds for 24 hours is more than adequate each two
weeks. Until, of course, the drought period ends.

Don't know what the distance of the truck has to do with anything
(distractor).

Trees, if they need constant water attention in your area, don't belong in
that location. Water is a resource.
Dave