Old 15-10-2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Hydroculture orchid kit

Hi there Mariana, Yes Sue is right, just a follow up, are these pots
individual containers, they
don't share the water in one large tank like conventional hydroponics right?
I would soak in a very weak solution of GroMore & rooting powder.
Otherwise you would see fertilizer burn on your leaves etc.
Cheers Wendy

"Jane Doe" wrote in message
Picked up a hydroculture orchid kit at a garage sale for five bucks. It
came with the media (fired up clay), the culture pots and interior pots,
as well as the water level indicators. The instructions called for an
overnight soak in a rooting compound/nutrient mix. But there was no
rooting compound or any other fertilizer-like powder in the kit.

Trying to understand whether any ordinary rooting compound would work the
same?
Can I substitute a GrowMore 20-10-20 and soak the clay media in this?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Mariana