Old 15-10-2007, 11:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default My Allotments Wk41 Update

Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:49:45 +0100, PLOTTY
wrote:

Hi all, another week of progress here at my allotments to share with
you, I don't know how you are finding the mild weather but some of the
Fruit & Vegetables are getting a new lease of life, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

Hi Steve

I'm not sure I understand allotments and if you could briefly explain I
would be grateful. In other words, what the bloody hell are
allotments? As a yank, I don't get it. I mean no disrespect
whatsoever.

Charlie, smack dab in the middle of the us.

In general it just means a parcel of land. The OP says he has two and there
is an allotment association so probably it has some special meaning to him,
such as:

noun [C] UK
a small piece of ground in or just outside a town that a person rents for
growing vegetables, fruits or flowers

He doesn't seem to reply much to the NG, perhaps it's more important to him
for his blog to get traffic.

David