Old 04-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Cooked my venus fly trap...

In article ,
Rufus wrote:
I live in Northamptonshire and have been collecting carnivorous plants for
over ten years. I have never kept any of them outside my heated greenhouse
during the winter and in all that time I have lost one pot of two years old
Pinguicula grandiflora, due mainly to incorrect re-potting. I wouldn't dare
to keep any of my collection outside in the garden at any time of the year,
although I know of many collectors that do.

Mine was outside in the most sheltered location in the garden, but
it still got down to -5 Celsius there. It survived the previous two
winters, but I don't think that it will come through this one.
Obviously, P. vulgaris, P. alpina and P. lusitanica would!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.