Old 15-10-2007, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh Bob Walsh is offline

Default overwatered phalenopsis: what to do?

The yellow leaf will come off in a few days, I would not cut it. Follow
Kathy's advice. My concern was that if it was the top leaf (#1) you can
rarely bring them back, and then only through a basal kiekie.

Bob
"Shulamit" wrote in message

Bob Walsh;754326 Wrote:
Starting with the very top leaf as number one which leaf is turning
yellow?

1) There are three leaves, two top ones and one underneath. The
underneath one is the yellow one. Should I clip it still? As close to
the root as possible?

2) Should I clip both spikes - with flowers and without? Or clip the
bare spike, repot, then wait til the flowers drop before clipping the
second spike?

Thanks so much for the suggestions for what to do! I will buy the book
you recommended.

Shulamit

--
Shulamit