Old 16-10-2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Planning perennial border along driveway.

On 10/15/07 7:42 PM, in article ,
"Scott Hildenbrand" wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
This design, borders along a driveway, is considered very poor design
by many landscapers. This border can be seen most frequently in the
South. It almost looks like a airport runway, bringing attention to
the driveway and taking focus off the house and other landscaping. The
border also creates maintenance/access issues. Look at some landscape
designs done by professionals--you won't see many driveway borders.

Well, we southern folk just tend to do things ya'll might not like but
it sure does look perdy!

Really though, we do tend to line the drive which personally I like..
Most drives have a row of trees along them at the least.

Guess that makes us unprofessional.. *sniff* muh heart be broken...
Don't break my heart.. my achy.. Oh Lordy, let me stop right there..

Hey, Billy Ray.... Remember, this is your garden. You can do what ever you
want. Including tie into the front of the house. Just keep it interesting to
you....

BUT
Only one side of my driveway is border

R,D,H,