Old 16-10-2007, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default My Allotments Wk41 Update

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:49:45 +0100, PLOTTY
wrote:

Hi all, another week of progress here at my allotments to share with
you, I don't know how you are finding the mild weather but some of the
Fruit & Vegetables are getting a new lease of life, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

Hi Steve

I'm not sure I understand allotments and if you could briefly explain I
would be grateful. In other words, what the bloody hell are
allotments? As a yank, I don't get it. I mean no disrespect
whatsoever.

Charlie, smack dab in the middle of the us.

In general it just means a parcel of land. The OP says he has two and there
is an allotment association so probably it has some special meaning to him,
such as:

noun [C] UK
a small piece of ground in or just outside a town that a person rents for
growing vegetables, fruits or flowers

He doesn't seem to reply much to the NG, perhaps it's more important to him
for his blog to get traffic.

David

Same deal in Germany. There they are called grund stück (piece of
ground).
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley