Old 16-10-2007, 03:00 PM
ilansachi ilansachi is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Advice on Wisteria and olive tree

I am new to gardening so hopefully someone can help. I bought a 4m high wisteria (grafted) to be planted on the front of my house. I have seen these over bay windows and it looks really good. My question is if its safe to plant these near the wall (about 30cm from thewall)? I have read some posts on the internet and some of them say that the westeria will not cause any subsidence or wall damage while others say it could cause damage. I really dont want to plant it if its likely to cause any structual damage. I have seen other gradens on my street with them next to the wall!

The second question is if the olive tree can cause structal damage to building near by?