Old 17-10-2007, 07:52 PM
PLOTTY PLOTTY is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
"PLOTTY" wrote in message

Hi all, another week of progress here at my allotments to share with
you, I don't know how you are finding the mild weather but some of the
Fruit & Vegetables are getting a new lease of life, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

--
PLOTTY

USA retired military here. Allotment is something they deduct from your pay
that you requested. Example: saving allotment.

In your case, an allotment is where you use a parcel of land for your
personal use. Along the way, you provide deeper soil and more fertile
conditions. That's the way it used to be. Also, added to the equation, are
long term unknowns from current fertilizers and insecticides.

No. After seeing this, so far, mild autumn, I don't look forward to winter
being any better. There is a purpose in zero vicinity F temperatures
regarding insect populations. There is a purpose in plant-life dormant
periods.
Dave
Hi Dave I agree with you, without a harsh Winter many of the pests survive and are even more of a problem next year unfortunately, Steve.