Old 17-10-2007, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.politics.misc
[email protected] florenceofarabia@delhimail.com is offline

Default What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels!

Greetings little british gourmets - I will tell you how to make tasty
meal from rats al la cuisine mongolian. First you get Marmot dancer to
caper around and marmots pop out and Marmot dancers assistant grabs
them. Skin your marmot round the neck and fold back the marmots skin
round it's neck so that only one orifice is left. Insert greased bung
up the arse of the marmot and throw on the fire. As the monglian
marmot inflates when it is ready for serving the bung blasts out his
arse. The honoured guest then gets the first squirt of marmot juice
which of course is the clearings of the rats bowels. The honoured
guest invariably having participated in this ancient and honourable
ceremoney of the drinking of the juice form the bowels of rat then
sometimes contracts serious disease whilst the mongolians get to drink
the tasty stomach contents.

Fanciful and whimsical, perhaps, but not impossible and far from
inedible, I'm assured. That being said, I'm not sure how fnaciful or
whimsical it is, after all dormice and guinea pigs are eaten in many
parts of the world, and rabbits and hares, which are more or less
closely related to squirrels, are very popular here in Britain so why
should squirrel casserole taste so different?

How does one tell the age of a squirrel? Although I'm more than happy
to feed the buzzards and kites with the carcasses of my squirrels, I
do sometimes wish I could be keep the younger ones back for the pot.- Hide quoted text -