Old 18-10-2007, 05:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Olympic Gold Rose.

BarbaraH wrote
I'm not much of a one for roses, this one was given to me by my
Mother-in-law seven years ago. The fact that it has survived this long, is
testament to it's hardiness.

I always felt the same about roses, actually detested them as I had to prune
a bed of them every year when a child and used to end up with no skin, very
painful. Last year after visiting the Rose Garden at Mottisfont Abbey I
found some I liked, the new disease resistant type English Roses, and now
have 5 roses in our garden, two shrubs and three small climbers up a 6ft
wall.
Funny how tastes change over time.

Most are David Austin Roses... http://www.davidaustinroses.com/english/
--